Thursday, April 29, 2010

Giant Earthworm is a myth


For the past 110 years enviromental groups have been petitioning for the protection of the "giant" Palouse earthworm under the belive that it was a meter long, spit at you and would smell like lilies. Two reaserchers from the university of Idaho found two after sending electricity into the earth to force the worms to come out. The pair of worms they got were an adult and a younger worm. The adult was disected and measured at 9 to 10 inches and the juvenille worm is being stored in soil with ice to further reaserch. I was disapinted in finding out that its not that big and it doesnt spit, it doesnt even smell of lilies, whats next no jakalope?



For the full article read this.

4 comments:

  1. interesting, where did they find these things? I hope they are no where around here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That stinks. I was hoping for a worm that could last the day for fishing. This one however would scare the fish away.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Im guessing Idaho since thats were the university is

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad that this worm is not real! I would be scared if I saw this creature outside!

    ReplyDelete