Thursday, April 29, 2010

70 years with no food

Prahlad Jani, an 83 year old man from Gujarat, has been living for the past 70 years without food or water. Jani claims he is able to survive without necessities because when he was 8 years old he was blessed by a goddess. Indian doctors now have Jani under 24 hour surveillance in hopes of learning from his strange condition. Cameras are placed all around his home and a mobile camera follows him while he's out. Doctors are hoping to learn from Jani in order to help soldiers at war survive longer periods of time with no food or water. Jani says that he receives all of his strength through meditation, and although soldiers would not be able to meditate in time of war, doctors are still hoping to discover secrets to Jani's incredible ability.


http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,591747,00.html

5 comments:

  1. I see this as being impossible, sorry but in all honesty the guy has to be sneaking food at one point or another, the body cant go without food or water for long without serius damage to it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is absolutely absurd. How did this guy not start dehydrating after three days of not drinking water or any other fluids. I love the show I shouldn't be alive, all of the survivors that hadn't had fresh water while being lost in the wild always start dehydrating by their third day of not having water. I do not believe that this man has gone 70 years without an oz of food and no fluids.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This article blew my mind. I can not belive that just mediation helps this man survive. I thought after a certain amount of time he would at least be sick from lack of nutrition and/or dead. God bless that man because I know I could never go that long without food or water.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so weird. What a weird thing to be able to do. I don't see how this man could be able to go so long without any food or water-it seems impossible. I hope the doctors figure out how he is able to do this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Personally, I can not see this as possible. Although the body can withstand without food for a longer time than fluids, the body needs "fuel" to survive and function properly. The fact that he receives his "strength" through meditation is completely absurd. I agree with the recent post that makes reference to the Discovery Channel show, "I Shouldn't Be Alive", in which people start hallucinating after 3 days with no water. I have a hard time believing this man went 70 years without food or water.

    ReplyDelete