Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Bees see super color at super speed

Research done in the University of London was done about bees. It was discovered that bees see almost five times faster than we do! This means that bees have the fastest color vision out of all animals. That is how they are able to nativate very easy.

The researchers also observed that the human eye cannot follow a bee when it's flying, but they are able to follow eachother when they are flying. Their high speed vision is just as fast as their flying abilities, which is how they are able to fly away from other animals that want to eat them, or humans who want to swat them away.

I though this was a really interesting article. I would have never thought bees had such a cool ability!

3 comments:

  1. Bees are such an interesting insect and one of my favorite (not only for the honey, which I love!). They are so useful for our nature and now we know that they even have better eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's funny, I just tried to follow a bee buzzing on my deck. I was a big clunky wasp or bumble bee. I watched it chase another bee we great precision. I had a hard time following them. I just read your post and it make sense. Cool

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate bees but that's kinda neat.

    ReplyDelete