Saturday, April 17, 2010

Brain maxed out

You brain can not handle more than two tasks at once without losing focus. Our brains are set up to do two things at once, but not three, a French team reports in the journal Science. David Meyer, who studies multitasking at the University of Michigan, says he doesn't think the study shows it's impossible to keep three tasks in mind. To learn more about this study and the results click here.
This is great to keep in mind when I have 6 windows open at once. I guess less is more when it comes to multitasking.

2 comments:

  1. This is interesting cause I'm someone who can multitask with whatever I am doing and then on the other hand my bf, can't multitask at all. I always get mad at him, but I guess now i cant be a little more understanding because the brain can't perform too much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isnt this more like each person is different and they can handle multitasking differently? I mean I can do three to four things at the same time and be fine but my mom cant so does that mean my brain is wired differently?

    ReplyDelete