Tuesday, March 23, 2010

New Species of Raptor Dicovered

When I was a child, there were only two things I wanted to be when I grew up; an astronaut, or a Velociraptor. Turns out I can't handle enclosed spaces and bio-tech gene mutation isn't quite where I'd hoped it would be. Oh well.
This article is about a new species of Raptor (arguably the most hard core of the Cretcious era carnivores) discovered by a team of two PhD students in inner Mongolia. This new species, found in the Gobi Desert, is very similar to the Velociraptor of 'Jurasic Park' fame, though slightly smaller and lighter. Read the full article at http://www.biologynews.net/archives/2010/03/20/students_discover_new_species_of_raptor_dinosaur.html
But be warned... something has survived. Wow, did I really just quote a movie tag line from 96'? God, I'm old...

4 comments:

  1. Very interesting, I think its cool that even today we are still finding new things out and new species. I wonder if we will ever find them all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was a very interesting read, raptors have always been my favorite dinosaur, its amazing how they can find different types after all this time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This article was very interesting. I don't read into raptors and dinosaurs as much as I should. It still amazes me that after all these years they are continuing to find more and more artifacts from these so called living creatures.

    ReplyDelete
  4. dinosaurs always amused me especially the velociraptor.

    ReplyDelete