Tuesday, March 2, 2010


I picked this article because of how the Olympics are going on right now. Everyone know most athletes will do almost anything to perform better even if its involving their genes. Gene doping is the idea creating a replica of a gene found in people with common physical traits such as running fast or unable to gain weight and injecting them into other people so they can also posses the gene. Although I fin this article every interesting I do agree with it being very dangerous. They say how they fear how deadly it can be with humans because once the injection of the gene it its unclear on how to stop a gene once it had begun.

click here for the full article!

2 comments:

  1. Wow...I found this article very interesting as well. It is understandable that being a successful athlete is in your genes. I have always been a great runner and it isn't because I was always athletic running track, playing field hockey, lacrosse and softball. Yes the practice helped, but even when I wasn't training I was always capable of running quickly and beating many people I race. In high school I was always placing 1,2,3 in meets that I was racing against hundreds. It is just something I was born with. My dad being a seasoned runner, running marathons and Ironman's. When I went to college I played field hockey and softball and was very out of shape at first but once I got into the swing of things the speed and mechanics came back. It definitely in my genes and it something I was always have. It is very interesting that athletes are wanting a gene injection to make them perform better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wowwww, this is insane. I never heard of this, I've heard of test tube babies, but never thought of creating an athlete by specific genes, we think of physical attributes when it comes to creating a test tube baby. However if this is possible there seams the possibilty for test tube babies to have abilities of anything next thing we know there will be a singing gene to create the next american idol. Very Interesting!

    ReplyDelete